[Dune] installation problems

akil mieres akilmieres at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 04:54:40 CET 2011

I am new to DUNE. I have been trying to install it on a Mac Powerbook running OS X 10.6.6.

I got the current source code using the mercurial clones.

I ran the following command to install dune-common only because of previous errors I was experiencing

sudo -s ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol --only=dune-common make install

and got the following error stating that dune-common build failed

Libraries have been installed in:
   /usr/local/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
test -z "/usr/local/share/doc/dune-common" || .././install-sh -c -d "/usr/local/share/doc/dune-common"
Making install in doc
Making install in devel
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
test -z "/usr/local/share/doc/dune-common/devel" || ../.././install-sh -c -d "/usr/local/share/doc/dune-common/devel"
Making install in doxygen
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `doxygen-tag', needed by `install-doxygen'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
--- Failed to build dune-common ---
Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!

I see that libraries were installed but the overall build failed.

I have located the libraries files in /usr/local/lib but got further errors when trying to install dune-grid and dune-disc (required for the dumux)

Could you help me get this up a running?

Thank You