[Dune] installation problems

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Sun Jan 16 16:45:46 CET 2011

Hi Bard,

> I very much suspect that Akil has downloaded the core modules
> through a sub-repository of the Mercurial sources for OPM modules for
> Dune that are hosted at SINTEF.  In that case there is great
> likelihood that the modules in question are

is there a particular reason for  cloning the repositories? I think it
is better if people download dune from the official repositories. It
is very easy to access these via mercurial, e.g. Ole and Dan are doing
this for a while already.

Either these repositories are  just a copy, then they should always
be uptodate and even then I don't see a good reason for cloning
them. Or you have patches that aren't part of the official repositories,
then you should try to get these changes into to Dune instead of
forking.