[Dune] Cannot extract a spherical mesh

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Mon Jul 18 19:43:42 CEST 2011

Am Mon, 18. Jul 2011, 14:04:19 +0200 schrieb S. Swayamjyoti:
> In fact, I get the same error even for a rectangular mesh. Could someone
> please tell me the reason?
> *
> DUNE ERROR: GridError [createGrid:uggridfactory.cc:256]: Couldn't extract
> grid boundary.*

Looking at both your meshes with gmsh, these are surface meshes, e.g. 2D in
3D.  Did you produce them with gmsh?  Then either you forgot to mesh for 3D
after meshing for 2D (or you used the -2 commandline option instead of -3).
Or you defined some physical groups on the boundary but not in the volume.
Gmsh will only output those mesh elements that belong to a physical group if
there is any physical group defined at all, unless you twiddle some options.
See the gmsh manual.

Bye,
Jö

--
A programmer is a device to turn coffee and pizza into bugs.