[Dune] readBCRSMatrixFromMatlabFile

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Jun 10 14:48:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 01:07:41PM +0200, Christian Engwer wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> <quote>
> BTW: The example contains a routine
> void readBCRSMatrixFromMatlabFile(const char *fileName, Matrix& A)
> which I think could be interesting for inclusion in
> dune/istl/io.hh. It is the reverse to writeMatrixToMatlab.
> </quote>
>
> I think you are right, that such a functions would be nice.

I want to point out that this functionality is already (nearly) there:
One can read this kind of file with the matrixmarket io,
see header matrixmarket.hh and especially function loadMatrixMarket.

But I have to check whether I throw an error if there is no
matrixMarket specific header in the file.

Still, no need to introduce more redundant code.

Cheers,

Markus

--
Markus Blatt, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
University Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

'Mathematics knows no races or geographic boundaries; for
mathematics, the cultural world is one country' - David Hilbert