[Dune] questions about ElementID_to_physical_entity

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Sun Jun 12 14:41:32 CEST 2011

To cite Markus: "I left my crystal ball at home".  You'll need to give us a
little more information so we'll be able to fathom your problem.

Am Sun, 12. Jun 2011, 15:28:50 +0530 schrieb Jayesh Badwaik:
> I'm trying to use the following code for setting up the
> intersectionid. However, I'm getting stuck on
> on which interstion to use?

In which way are you getting stuck?  Does your compiler give you any error
messages?  Or do you get errors when running your program?  What are those
errors?  Provide verbatim copies of the error messages please!

Or does your program produce garbage?  Then at least give us an excerpt of the
stuff it produces, and what you were expecting instead.

Or are you not yet at any of those stages?

> Dune::IntersectionIterator::Intersection or Dune::Intersection??

Please not that those are interface classes and you should consider them
mostly as documentation what an intersection iterator or an intersection
should look like.  You should always obtain these kind of types from the grid
or the gridview, e.g.

  typedef typename Grid::LeafIntersection Intersection;

or better

  typedef typename Grid::LeafGridView::Intersection Intersection;

(replace Grid with whatever is the type of your grid).

Have you seen the fine documentation at
<http://www.dune-project.org/doc/doxygen/html/classDune_1_1GridFactory.html>?

Bye,
Jö.

--
In the shower, time can be measured only by the fluctuations of the
temperature.