[Dune] Problems while creating a grid with DGF

S. Swayamjyoti swayam.151 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:50:39 CET 2011

Hi Martin,

I have attached a slightly modified DGF file, which will help point out the
problem. See, the problem is with the last element again,

*43 44 37 45 17 18 10 19 *

The coordinates of 43, 44, 37 and 45 all are 15 (above 5). But, if u look at
the screenshot attached, the complete grid is inside a block of 5. That's
the issue.

Point 43: (15, 0, 0)
Point 44: 15, 0, 15)                  *  How can the whole grid be within a
block of (-5, -5, -5) to (5, 5, 5)??*
Point 37: (15, 15, 15)
Point 45: (15, 15, 0)

If u run this DGF file, I am sure u ll see the error. I just wanted to cross
check with you before filing a bug report. Please let me know if u think so.

If u remove that last element, u get just 8 cubes which are fine. But once I
add the last element (I am sure I have done it correctly), I get wrong
elements.

Hi Andreas,

By irregular cube, I mean just cubes with different side lengths. I think
it's possible to create it in 3D with a DGF, because in 2D irregular
quadrilaterals are possible with DGF, just that I am facing a problem here.