[Dune] [vtk] beginPointData() in vtuwriter.hh

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Mon Mar 28 18:48:15 CEST 2011

Am Mon, 28. Mar 2011, 17:22:14 +0200 schrieb Oleh Krehel:
>         <DataArray type="Float32" Name="u" NumberOfComponents="7"
> format="ascii">

So that means that instead of the line

  <DataArray type="Float32" Name="u" NumberOfComponents="7" format="ascii">

you have

  <DataArray type="Float32" Name="u" NumberOfComponents="7" format="">

right?

That does not change anything for me, I still get the same error.  Even if I
remove the "format" attribute completely so I get the line

  <DataArray type="Float32" Name="u" NumberOfComponents="7">

the error message persists.

The real proble is that yes, you can have VTK-files with vectors of dimensions
other than three, but ParaView does not handle them.  Your best bet is to
write seperate fields for each component.  If you are using PDELab, there is a
gridfunction-adapter to select one component of a vector-valued gridfunction
and make a new gridfunction out of it, I believe it is called something like
SelectComponentAdapter.

Bye,
Jö.

--