[Dune] [vtk] beginPointData() in vtuwriter.hh

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Mar 29 10:47:35 CEST 2011

Am Tue, 29. Mar 2011, 10:03:54 +0200 schrieb Oleh Krehel:
> Actually the line that you quoted shouldn't change.
> What I meant was instead of line
>
> <PointData* Vectors="u"*>
>
> you should have
>
> <PointData>
>
> . This fixes the problem for me.
> Thanks for advice with adapter, I'll try it.

Ah, OK.  You are indeed right.  However, I still fail to see why ParaView has
the problem with that: the attribute 'Vectors="u"' simply means that u is the
vector field that is initially shown by default when ParaView first opens that
file.  If you remove that attribute, ParaView simply shows some solid color
initially, but later you can simply select the field u and ParaView handles it
just fine (although there _are_ some rough edges, like the list where can
select components showing component numbers 0 to 5 while the color legend
shows components 1 to 6).

If that attribute is there, ParaView will complain initially.  If you ignore
the error message however, you can simply continue as in the case without the
attribute.

I suspekt this is a bug in ParaView.  Would you be so kind to report it to the
ParaView guys (or check whether they have fixed it in a later version
already)?

Thanks,
Jö.

--
Das Erststudium soll bis zum berufsqualifizierenden Abschluss
gebührenfrei bleiben, also bis zur Erlangung der Taxi-Lizenz.