[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-common r6435 - trunk/am

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Mon May 2 23:09:28 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 08:32:53PM +0200, Martin Nolte wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> maybe we should simply drop documentation from the tarballs anyway. There seem
> to be no real disadvantages:
> - The documentation can still be built from the tarballs
> - The built documentation is also avaliable on the web site
> But there is a really big advantage: It reduces the number of options we have to
> support. This question, for example, only rises because there _is_ prebuilt
> documentation in the tarballs.

Hi Martin,

I agree, less options is better, although I believe, that this
particular issue is solved now. We have the same situation as without
prebuilt docs, but the user can still get them from the
tarball. Actually the current problem had nothing to do with the
prebuilt docs, but it was a bug in the Makefile.am-conditionals.