[Dune] Dune on Windows MinGW

Dr. Olaf Ippisch olaf.ippisch at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed May 4 10:46:14 CEST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

as Oliver stated I have a solution for the Problem with the temporary
files. I will finish the patch this afternoon and send it to the list.

The problem with M_PI is that the mingw and cygwin demand programs to be
strict Posix compliant and M_PI is not in the C++ standard or in Posix.
I would also welcome a more portable solution. The use of higher
precission will be more attractive in the future as the gcc starting
from version 4.6 will support a quad-double format.

Regards,
Olaf

--
Dr. Olaf Ippisch
Universität Heidelberg

In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly
universally the case in human affairs.  Hence, what is not surrounded
by uncertainty cannot be the truth. (Richard Feynman)