[Dune] Dune on Windows MinGW

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed May 4 16:16:18 CEST 2011

Hey Olaf,

that is great, thank you! It works now. I will also create a patch
against 2.0 and post it to the flyspray task.

Kind regards
Bernd

On 05/04/2011 03:28 PM, Dr. Olaf Ippisch wrote:
> Hi Oliver and Others,
>
> here is the patch. It uses the Posix function tmpnam, which generates
> the name of a temporary file. The differences between tmpnam and the
> non-Posix function mkstemp used in the original function
> temporaryFileName() are:
>
> - the form of the file name can not be influenced, when calling tmpnam.
> It just generates some unique filename.
>
> - mkstemp also makes sure that the file is directly opened such that it
> can not happen that another process opens a file with the same name in
> the time between the call to the name-generating function and the call
> to fopen. However, as the file is afterwards closed again in
> temporaryFileName() and just the name (and not the file pointer)
> returned, this advantage is lost anyhow.
>
> I hope that this is acceptable and think this should be a sufficient
> replacement (which also reduces the amount of code).
>
> Regards,
> Olaf

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                  url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de