[Dune] Version of svn server

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Nov 8 14:18:25 CET 2011

Hi!

I noticed during merge of the changes for dune-geometry that "svn merge
--reintegrate" does not work, which is a PITA then merging back changes from
topic branches.  The reason, AFAICT, ist that while our server is subversion
1.5, the repository format is still version 1.4.  Now, it is possible to
simply upgrade to repository format version 1.5, but apparently that means
that version 1.4 clients won't work anymore[1].

So the question is: is anyone still using a subversion client version 1.4?  Or
are there any other reasons not to upgrade?

Thanks,
Jö.

[1] http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.5.html#repos-upgrades

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

Das Erststudium soll bis zum berufsqualifizierenden Abschluss
gebührenfrei bleiben, also bis zur Erlangung der Taxi-Lizenz.
-- Akrützel, Ausgabe vom 16.5.2002 (www.akruetzel.de)