[Dune] Version of svn server

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue Nov 8 16:13:17 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 03:06:20PM +0100, Oliver Sander wrote:
> I was thinking about those supercomputer guys with their (understandable)
> love for old software.  Only I didn't imagine they's use svn to get the
> code.  Do you really call svn checkout on each and every node to get
> the the source code?  If they do then of course I withdraw my previous
> opinion.

No, but I have to check it out on the front node. (Then I
cross-compile the code and the queueing system distributes the
binaries). As I use the trunk for development, I cannot rely on
working tarballs. Furthermore changes to the trunk would become rather
cumbersome.

Yeah I love old software, makes live so much more exciting ;)
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Get professional (onsite) support and training or
your own custom simulation tool!

Dr. Markus Blatt - HPC-Simulation-Software & Services
Rappoltsweilerstr. 5, 68229 Mannheim
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658