[Dune] Version of svn server

Bård Skaflestad Bard.Skaflestad at sintef.no
Tue Nov 8 15:03:04 CET 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 14:18 +0100, Jö Fahlke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I noticed during merge of the changes for dune-geometry that "svn merge
> --reintegrate" does not work, which is a PITA then merging back changes from
> topic branches.  The reason, AFAICT, ist that while our server is subversion
> 1.5, the repository format is still version 1.4.  Now, it is possible to
> simply upgrade to repository format version 1.5, but apparently that means
> that version 1.4 clients won't work anymore[1].

Jö, all,

Maybe you've already done this multiple times in which case please
disregard this e-mail.  Irrespective of the issue you bring up, I'd like
to offer a word of caution.  A while back, I tried to upgrade an
internal SVN repo using

    svnadmin upgrade REPOS_PATH

I probably botched the upgrade in some way, but in any case, I ended up
having to rebuild the repo from scratch.  Please make sure you at least
have an up-to-date 'svndump' of your repo before attempting to upgrade
the protocol.

Sincerely,
--
Bård Skaflestad <Bard.Skaflestad at sintef.no>