[Dune] dune-grid build fails

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Nov 9 16:51:38 CET 2011

Am Wed,  9. Nov 2011, 16:39:18 +0100 schrieb Oliver Sander:
> Isn't that a known problem?  There are various places in e.g. dune-grid,
> where a magic dummy.cc is refered to just for this reason.

That has nothing to do with the dummy.cc file ().  The actual problem was that Christoph removed all the
real content that went into the convenience library libgridcommon.a (e.g the
quadraturerules).  Apparently, Linux is fine with that, while OSX isn't.

Bye,
Jö.

[1] We only tell libtool that dummy.cc might be compiled in under certain
    conditions; but we are lying, that file doesn't even exist.  It's the only
    way to get libtool to use the C++ linker when there are no real .cc source
    files, only other libraries to compile in.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null - und das
nennen sie ihren Standpunkt.
-- A. Einstein