[Dune] [#980] checkindexset.cc is to restrictive
flyspray at dune-project.org
Fri Nov 18 17:26:13 CET 2011
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, DO NOT REPLY.
The following task has a new comment added:
FS#980 - checkindexset.cc is to restrictive
User who did this - Carsten Gräser (Carsten)
So we have two questions now:
(1) Should we allow different geometry maps for the same codim c entity (0<c<dim) (A) or not (B).
(2) Should we allow different subentity embedding for elements and reference elements (A) or not (B).
* The grid paper says (1B) but nothing about (2).
* The tests check for (2B) and does not consider (1B).
* ALUGrid implements (1A)+(2B).
* It's hard (or even impossible) to implement (1B)+(2B). So this combination is out of the game.
* Both, (1A) and (2A), are confusing to users and might leed to subtle error if he's not aware of.
* Without (2B) the subEntity embedding is only available by comparing global vertex indices. (See FS#818).
* (2B) will imply (1A) and thus require the permutation of edge vertices in the entity wrapper.
The grid paper it seems to be (B)
The question if the should be answered by 'no' in case of (B) since
only arises in case of (A).
More information can be found at the following URL:
You are receiving this message because you have requested it from the Flyspray bugtracking system. If you did not expect this message or don't want to receive mails in future, you can change your notification settings at the URL shown above.
More information about the Dune