[Dune] How to use AMG with the constructor given below ?

Benedikt Oswald benedikt.oswald at psi.ch
Wed Nov 23 08:59:37 CET 2011

Good morning Markus,
On Nov 22, 2011, at 8:02 PM, Markus Blatt wrote:

> Hi Benedikt,
>

> May I ask why you cannot live with the default behavior?
The CG iterative solver does not work for my matrix.

> If you have parmetis and SuperLU installed, the default behaviour is
> to agglomerate the data  onto fewer processor until eventualy all data
> on the coarsest level is on only one processor. To solve this coarse
> level system  SuperLU is solved.
>
> I always used this approach.

So, then I will try this first. It appears to be more robust anyway.

Thanks and have a good day, Benedikt

> If that is not sufficient, I need to take a look at the code for
> specifying the coarsesolver, which I fear has not been tested lately.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Markus
>
> --
> Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?
>
> Dr. Markus Blatt - HPC-Simulation-Software & Services http://www.dr-blatt.de
> Rappoltsweilerstr. 5, 68229 Mannheim, Germany
> Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658

Benedikt Oswald, Dr. sc. techn., dipl. El. Ing. ETH, www.psi.ch, Computational Accelerator Scientist, http://amas.web.psi.ch
Paul Scherrer  Institute (PSI), CH-5232 Villigen, Suisse, benedikt.oswald at psi.ch, +41(0)56 310 32 12

"Passion is required for any great work, and for the revolution passion and audacity are required in big doses.",
 Ernesto 'Che' Guevara, Letter to his parents.