[Dune] conflicting defines for SuperLU ?

Bård Skaflestad Bard.Skaflestad at sintef.no
Thu Nov 24 15:02:20 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 14:42 +0100, Benedikt Oswald wrote:
> Hello Dune, I just stumbled over the fact that when compiling Dune
> with
> SuperLU support, i.e. using something like --with-superlu=…
> then HAVE_SUPERLU is defined to be
>

> /* Define to ENABLE_SUPERLU if SUPERLU is found */
> #define HAVE_SUPERLU ENABLE_SUPERLU
>

> in the  config.h file
>

> But, e.g. in amg.hh there is the praam #if HAVE_SUPERLU
>

> so is it the case that, since HAVE_SUPERLU is defined
> to ENABLE_SUPERLU
> and not 1, that part of the code is then not compiled in ?

I'll defer to others to answer authoritatively, but I believe that's
more or less as intended by the design.  The reasoning is, I believe,
that the SuperLU feature should not be automatically enabled when it's
found on a particular computer system.  In other words, the developer
using the ISTL must specifically enable SuperLU by including the
$(SUPERLU_CPPFLAGS) in the program's (or library's) _CPPFLAGS primary
(or globally using the AM_CPPFLAGS primary).

The $(SUPERLU_CPPFLAGS) specify, among other things such as include
paths, the string "-DENABLE_SUPERLU=1" on systems providing SuperLU.

Sincerely,
--
Bård Skaflestad <Bard.Skaflestad at sintef.no>
SINTEF ICT, Applied Mathematics