[Dune] MPI error of PAAMG test on ubuntu 11.10

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Fri Nov 25 13:11:52 CET 2011

Am Thu, 24. Nov 2011, 07:40:28 +0100 schrieb Patrick Leidenberger:
> >I don't use Ubuntu. But on Debian wheezy (testing) it works with g++
> >4.6.1 and openmpi 1.4.3
>
> Thanks, then it seems to be a special Ubuntu 11.10 bug. and not a
> g++ 4.6.1 Problem.
> Because that is not my only problem with with 11.10 I go back to
> ubuntu 11.04, where everything was fine.

A student of ours (Ansgar) discovered that Ubuntu appears to enable
--as-needed in the linker.  One consequence is that libalugrid doesn't link
against libmetis anymore (as seen with ldd).  We didn't yet check whether this
actually has any ill consequences down the road.  Maybe this has something to
do with it?

You can see the compiler (and linker) defaults with "gcc -dumpspecs".

Bye,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

Kiss a non-smoker; taste the difference.
-- fortune