[Dune] Implementing tri-diagonal matrices in DUNE

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 28 21:50:18 CET 2011

Hi Eike,
check out BTDMatrix from dune-istl.  It is an implementation of a
dynamic tridiagonal matrix, including the Thomas algorithm for
direct solving in O(n).  That's what I use for line-smoothing,
maybe you can use it, too.
cheers,
Oliver

PS: The implementation of BTDMatrix can still be improved, but
it does already give you optimal space and time complexity.