[Dune] UG grid - limit on grid size?

Eike Mueller E.Mueller at bath.ac.uk
Wed Oct 5 15:07:16 CEST 2011

Hi Oliver,

this works, thanks a lot! After recompiling UG I can go up to
64x64x16x6, but if I try 128x128x32x6 (~ 2^22, but again, it's a serial
run) I now get this:

ERROR in InsertElement:   ==> NdElPtrArray_GetMemAndCheckIDs( ) ERROR:
No memory for MGNDELEMBLK(theMG,j)
ERROR in InsertElement:  ERROR by calling NdElPtrArray_GetMemAndCheckIDs()
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Dune::GridError'

I tried increasing the heap size in the uggrid construction

   uggrid = new Dune::UGGrid<3>(10000);

but I still get the same error message.

Cheers,

Eike