[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-grid r7996 - trunk/dune/grid/common

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Apr 20 20:37:53 CEST 2012

Hi,
for each type of boundary condition that is not homogeneous Neumann
I set up a file with a '1' for each vertex that is part of the
corresponding boundary part.  dune-fufem has a class BoundaryPatch,
which encapsulates parts of the boundary, and which you can set
up with a per-vertex bitfield (which you read from the file).
The BoundaryPatch provides an iterator over all boundary segments
that are part of the patch, and we have a special type of assemblers
that uses this iterator to assemble boundary conditions.

While having individual files for the different types of boundary
conditions may not be the most elegant way, our approach has
its advantages.  First of all, it doesn't rely on anything special
in the grid interface.  More importantly, my boundary conditions
need not be resolved by the macro grid boundary.  Sometimes that
is very useful.

best,
Oliver