[Dune] Policy module configuration

Carsten Gräser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Tue Apr 24 15:04:18 CEST 2012

Hi,
Am 24.04.2012 14:22, schrieb Christoph GrĂ¼ninger:
> Hi Markus,
> I don't know what a user is supposed to do but I know that some of my
> colleagues use optimized configuration for Dune core modules (like
> -march, -O3, -DNDEBUG) and DuMuX (like -g, -Wwhatever). The idea is to
> build Dune core modules very rarely and profit from the speed of the
> optimized code.
I also do this and use no optimization for my applications
during development.

> At least with configure cache this went terribly wrong.
You can simply circumvent this using dunecontrol option files,
each with its own configure cache: one with and one without
optimization. My applications are configured without optimization
but have an extra make target for optimization. (In fact there
are even more for PGO.)

Best,
Carsten