[Dune] unwanted refinement with ALUGRID_CUBE

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Dec 7 15:28:49 CET 2012

Hi,

you can switch the magic switch in the DGF file by setting the
corresponding grid parameter:
GridParameter
% set closure to none for UGGrid
closure none
#

This allows for an arbitrary number of hanging nodes in UGGrid.

Kind regards
Bernd

On 12/07/2012 03:21 PM, Christian Engwer wrote:
> For UG there is some magic switch I've been using ages ago, which
> disables the closure and thus allows for hanging nodes, including
> arbitrary hanging nodes.
>
> An other option is to use the subgrid and mark different cells on
> different levels and construct you hanging nodes mesh that way. In
> this case you could use subgrid<yaspgrid>
>
> Christian
>
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 02:07:18PM +0000, Dedner, Andreas wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I believe there is only a constructor like that for the 2d setting and there its on the base class which should
>> probably not be used directly - in fact non conformity with more than one hanging node per codim 1 entity
>> is supported by the 2d alugrid library but not by the bindings at the moment.
>> In 3d there is no such switch - I would have to look into the code because I'm not quite sure what
>> the restrictions are. It's definitely one level over codim 1 entities but I'm not quite sure what it is
>> over codim 2 entities (Matteo's test seem to indicate that its only level one as well).
>>
>> Andreas

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                  url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de