[Dune] Problems with GMSH reader and ALUGrid

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 3 16:32:05 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to build a grid of type ALUGrid starting from a .msh file.
My computational mesh is made only of tetrahedra, and has Physical entities, since when I wrote that file I needed them.

Anyway, I can't manage to understand why it doesn't work. This (criptic) error appears on my screen:

Reading 3d Gmsh grid...
version 2.2 Gmsh file detected
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Dune::IOError'
Abort trap

Here there are some short questions:

1) could somebody try to compile my .cc file (the .msh file is also attached), to see if it's only a problem on my computer?
2) do Physical entities cause troubles in DUNE?
3) what does the parameter "insert_boundary_segments = true" mean? Is there any relationship with the coding of the .msh file? Does selecting true or false make any difference in reading from a GMSH file?

Many thanks in advance!
Cheers,

Andrea

Andrea Sacconi
PhD student, Applied Mathematics
AMMP Section, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk