[Dune] Clang and emacs

Elias Pipping pipping at lavabit.com
Sun Feb 5 14:01:56 CET 2012

Hi,

I created a wiki for anything related to compiling dune with clang a
week ago and thought I'd advertise it here:

  http://users.dune-project.org/projects/dune-on-clang/wiki

If you don't use emacs, you can stop reading now.

I recently came across find-things-fast[1] which allows for quick
navigation of e.g. the chromium sources from within
emacs. Unfortunately, that mode is tailored towards a single project.

I decided to implement something similar for dune modules so now there's
dune-jump[2]. The list of modules (or rather, paths to their respective
directories) is configurable and so is the means by which file listings
are generated.

The default and fastest choice is `git ls-files` which will work for
anyone who uses dune through git-svn.

An alternative is using `find`; the resulting performance hit is severe,
however, even with out-of-source builds where the build directory is
skipped. That could probably be improved upon, e.g. through caching.

Maybe somebody finds this useful.

Best regards,

Elias Pipping

[1] https://github.com/eglaysher/find-things-fast
[2] https://github.com/pipping/dune-jump

PS: I only tested dune-jump with emacs 24.0.93