[Dune] Again: Write access to existing branches for DuneAll

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Feb 28 23:11:48 CET 2012

Am Tue, 28. Feb 2012, 20:00:43 +0100 schrieb Christoph Grüninger:
> Can someone please grant DuneAll write access to the 2.1-branch of
> the core modules? Or is there a reason to make this request
> impossible?

I'm not certain that this is what we want.  I tend to agree with this change,
but before implementing it I'd like to hear the opinions of some of the other
developers.

The argument in favour is that changes will not end up direcly in a release
and can always be reverted.  Making a release requires making a tag under
/tags, and that can still only be done by members of ReleaseCommitters.

To give you an idea what we are talking abou, the current members of DuneAll
are the core developers and felix.albrecht, gersbach, gruenich, mdroh_01, ngo,
rebecca, sreejith, stefan, and sven.

If you don't want to wait for the conclusion of the discussion, maybe Robert
wants to sposor your access there as well?

Bye,

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
-- Ozzy Osbourne