[Dune] Possible release notes for 2.1.1

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Jan 11 22:16:31 CET 2012

Hi there,
I assembled a draft for dune 2.1.1 release notes, see below.
If you insist, I will provide a patch for dune-web.

> And how many users really care?  I propose to treat 2.1.1
> as a simple update of the 2.1 release branch (as opposed
> to a separate release), to avoid bureaucracy.

I did care the previous releases before reading the mailing
list and commit messages.
You almost made me feel that bureaucracy is a bad thing :-)

Bye
Christoph

All modules compile with g++ 4.6, improved Clang support.

dune-common
dunecontrol improves handling of locally installed modules and
modules from SVN.
Fixed nullptr with g++ 4.6.
Fixed memory leaks in nullptr and className.

dune-grid
Deprecate the GmshReader read methods that take a grid object
as an argument, these were UGGrid-specific quirks

dune-istl
Implement the solve() method for block matrices.

dune-localfunctions
Add missing parts of the 3d specialization of
RefinedP0LocalFiniteElement. (Thanks to Uli Sack for the
patch)