[Dune] VTK Files Visualized with Paraview on Windows ?

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Thu Jan 12 13:05:57 CET 2012

Am Thu, 12. Jan 2012, 09:54:55 +0100 schrieb Benedikt Oswald:
> In fact, yes, we certainly do have path delimiters in the file names.
> The reason being that on the cray we have write the files into
> a specific scratch file, something like /scratch/rosa/boswald etc.
>
> So, it seems, we have run into the limitations of Windows once again ?
>
> Is there any way to circumvent this ? We have users here who
> run the numerical analysis on the Cray and visualize their results
> on all kinds of Windows machines…

AFAIK, '/' is a valid filename component seperator on windows too, so path
delimeters shouldn't[0] be a problem.  Could you send the .pvtu file to us (or
to me privately, if you prefer)?  I'd like to see what is inside, exactly.  I
don't think we'll need the .vtu files (yet).

Bye,
Jö.

P.S. A happy new year to you!

[0] It's of course possible that some library or toolkit that paraview uses
    enforces '\' as the delimeter.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

If God had intended Man to Smoke, He would have set him on Fire.
-- fortune