[Dune] Possible release notes for 2.1.1

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 16 09:06:00 CET 2012

Hi Christoph,

> my patch is aligned with older release notes. For example Dune 1.1.1
> introduced little more than g++ 4.3 compatibility but has it's own page
> to document the changes.

True.  I never really liked it, but having another look at it now it doesn't
seem so bad after all.

>> That way we avoid a proliferation of small
>> pages and corresponding entries in the navigation bar.
>
> There won't be any new entry in the navigation bar, it will be replaced.

Also true.  I misread the diff.

> Though it would be a good idea to introduce a folder for the old release
> notes.

True again. Volunteers?

> Why should we change the way release notes are handled?
> Continuity is a virtue of bureaucracy.

And we are Germans and we like bureaucracy :-)  Go ahead and commit the
stuff.

The only thing left about it that I don't like is the fact that it becomes
more difficult to find the page with the changes in 2.1.0.  But that page
is important, because that is where all the noncompatible changes are
listed.
Should we maybe have an additional link in the navigation bar after all?
Or put a link to the 2.1.0 changes near the top of the 2.1.1 changes?
Ideas?