[Dune] Questions on GnuplotWriter

Alexander Schlaich schlaich at icp.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jan 24 10:35:16 CET 2012

Dear Dune,

I'm using the GnuplotWriter of dune-grid to output my results at the
Vertex positions of my 2d grid calculated using
Dune::PDELab::Pk2DLocalFiniteElementMap and addVertexData(u, name) where
u is the resulting solution vector of the FEM procedure.

For k=1 this works perfectly as expected but for k>1 the assertion (t ==
vertexData && _is.size(GridView::dimension) == data.size()) fails.
However commenting out the assertion (of course loosing consistency)
worked fine for my and I get the same vertex data as in vtk output.

Is there a generic mechanism behind so one could provide gnuplot output
of vertex data even if the data container contains more information?

Second question is that it looks to me as if the limitation to 2d for
vertex data is not necessary? At least for me it perfectly worked
without changes for 3d grids as well.

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Alex

Alexander Schlaich