[Dune] More flyspray permissions for contributors

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Jan 30 15:20:38 CET 2012

Hi Jö,
I think a user owns a task when the task is assigned to him. That's the
reason why a basic user currently cannot change anything. One of the
developers must assign a task to a basic user than he can close it - but
that never happend.
A proof for my guesswork: If you hover the button "assign to me" a part
of the URL is "takeownership".

I am against your proposal that users should not create attachments. I
hope that's only a mistake.

- "View history": Left beside the tab "Comments" is a "history" tab,
their you can watch what happend. That might prevent data loss if users
cannot modify that we can get all data from there.

- "Add self to assignees": Be additionally assigned to a task. In other
word: be one of the owners of this task but do not replace the current
owner (I just did that for FS#604

- "Edit assignments": ok, you can manage who owns a task.

- "Show as assignees": My guess is that currently you can assign a basic
user as the owner but he won't be visible as the owner.

I think it would be easier to create a new group contributors. To define
contributors was already voted for on the last developer meeting in
Münster. Someone creating patches for Dune wound not spam our Flyspray,
would he?

Bye
Christoph

--
Wäre es nicht schön [..], wenn der Gödelsche Satz oder die Relativi-
tätstheorie tatsächlich unmittelbare und weitrechende Implikationen