[Dune] Removal of deprecated VTKOptions

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Thu Jun 14 14:46:35 CEST 2012

Dear fellow developers and contributors,

it seems like unimportant  DUNE developments are currently carried out
at high speed. Some of us simply remove deprecated features without
further prior notice rendering dependent modules unusable. Previously
there were at least notifcations about such changes in the nature of
"I will remove this in a week unless there are complaints". I would
appreciate going back to such a policy ASAP.

A good example is the removal of VTKOptions. Even with Christoph's
patch it breaks most module depending on dune-grid
(e.g. dune-pdelab-howto).

Fixing it needs some more changes than expected:

for i in `find . -name \*.[ch][ch] | xargs grep VTKOption | cut \
--delimiter=":" -f 1`; do
sed "s/VTKOptions/Options/g" $i > tmp && mv tmp $i
 done

for i in `find . -name \*.[ch][ch] | xargs grep binaryappended | cut \
--delimiter=":" -f 1`; do
 sed "s/VTK::binaryappended/VTK::appendedraw/g" $i > tmp && mv tmp $i
done

BTW: Why VTK::appendedraw and not VTK::appendeddraw ?

Cheers,

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658