[Dune] Removal of deprecated VTKOptions

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jun 14 15:21:15 CEST 2012

Hi Markus,
I would not consider maintenance unimportant. And I don't see your
problem. We deprecate features to remove them after the release. We had
a release so the removal is implicitly announced. I don't feel guilty
for breaking external modules which refuse to follow our update path.

The deprecation of the VTKOptions were announced two years ago (Ok, they
were not mentioned in the release notes). The complaints should have
been raised then.

If you wish, I can announce removals explicitly. My plan is to remove
the remaining deprecated features from dune-geometry and dune-grid soon
- if nobody objects.

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Ingenieure sind die Kamele, auf denen die Kaufleute reiten.
[Autor unbekannt]