[Dune] Check for METIS and ParMetis

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Sat Mar 3 09:03:03 CET 2012

Hey,

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 01:36:08PM +0100, Christoph GrĂ¼ninger wrote:
> I tried to use the checks in dune-common for METIS and ParMETIS. I
> installed the newest version from [1] followed the install
> instructions and installed it with prefix=$somewhere.
> With METIS this went fine but the installed ParMETIS does not
> provide a header metis.h.

Do we test for this header? I did not find any occurence of such a
test in parmetis.m4

> I think the tests metis.m4 and parmetis.m4 from ALUGrid 1.50 are
> nicer then the tests dune-common provides. Especially the metis test
> is kind of alien to the other Dune tests. What about useing these in
> dune-common?

Aren't they GPL without our exception?
Besides that I am for any improvements of the the tests as long as
they also work with older versions.

Maybe I will find time today to look into it.

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658