[Dune] Quadrature Rule 4 & 5 Identical

Nicolas Schwenck nicolas.schwenck at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Mar 6 11:22:16 CET 2012

Hi,

In my understanding this is intentional, because you give the order up
to which the integration would be exact and not the number of
integration points, i.e., 2 is the same as three, 4 as 5, etc. I
couldn't find the weblink but I'm pretty sure it's in the documentation
somewhere.

Best,
Nicolas

On 03/06/2012 11:05 AM, Alex Evanovic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just cross-checking quadrature rules of dune (as I had a
> problem) by printing out the weights and points and it looks to me
> that the quadrature rule of order 4 and order 5 are exactly the same.
> Is this a bug?
>
> Please find attached my test code (integration.cc) & output (jj.txt).
>
> Regards,
> Alex

Dipl.-Ing. Nicolas Schwenck

University of Stuttgart
Department of Hydromechanics and Modelling of Hydrosystems

Pfaffenwaldring 61                           phone: +49 711 685 64736
GER-70569 Stuttgart                          fax:   +49 711 685 60430

             email: nicolas.schwenck at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
                 url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de