[Dune] [#661] Use Python to evaluate function strings
flyspray at dune-project.org
Wed Mar 7 23:18:01 CET 2012
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, DO NOT REPLY.
The following task has a new comment added:
FS#661 - Use Python to evaluate function strings
User who did this - Carsten Gräser (Carsten)
Here follow the possible drawbacks:
1) You have to compile your code with --fno-strict-aliasing
2) Valgrind will spit out a lot of warnings
3) The autoconf test for python needs some polishing
4) This is does not provide access to dune stuff inside of python.
1) and 2) are general 'features' of embedding python. Both are known by the python devs and said to be no errors. 1) should not be a big problem and 2) can be fixed by using a valgrind suppression file for python. I'd also attach the latter if I knew the correct credits. 3) should be easy to fix by our autotools adepts.
4) is not a problem, it's simply a different topic. If you want to do this you would have to use the api or look at boost::python or swig.
More information can be found at the following URL:
You are receiving this message because you have requested it from the Flyspray bugtracking system. If you did not expect this message or don't want to receive mails in future, you can change your notification settings at the URL shown above.
More information about the Dune