[Dune] Check for METIS and ParMetis

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Mar 16 18:09:07 CET 2012

Hi Markus, hi Sascha,
I got a reply from Mr Karypis that he'll fix the issue with the next
release. So it is unintended the way it is.

I installed METIS from the subdirectory from ParMETIS with the same
prefix. That way the test from dune-istl recognized ParMETIS.

But than I stumbled over some issues:
- the ParMETIS test complains about missing mpi.h:
 > checking parmetis.h presence
 > gcc -E -I<blabla>/parmetis-4.0.2/install/include conftest.c
 > In file included from conftest.c:67:0:
 > <blabla>/parmetis-4.0.2/install/include/parmetis.h:17:17: fatal
 > error: mpi.h: No such file or directory
 > compilation terminated.

- the type idxtype seems to be renamed to idx_t which avoids
dune/istl/repartition.hh from compiling
adding "typedef idx_t idxtype;" after the parmetis.h-include as quick
hack did the trick

- next the linker failed because -lmetis was missing.

- in make check for dune-istl I had to add ParMETIS and someties MPI
flags to the Makefiles for the tests hierarchytest, transfertest,
kamgtest, amgtest

I don't know whether this is related to the new version (beside the new
type) or are bugs in dune-istl. Should I open a flyspray task?

Have a nice weekend
Christoph

--
Actually, most flamewars are caused