[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-grid-howto r374 - trunk

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Sat Mar 24 16:17:32 CET 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 03:43:26PM +0100, Christoph GrĂ¼ninger wrote:
> I did as I have suggested last week-end. So I am surprised to
> hear your considerations now.

Probably I missed your suggestion, or interpreted the fact, that the
first comment to the bug came after 10 month, as the issue being not
very pressant. Please be careful about interpeting getting no comments
in one week as agreement.

> Nevertheless, I'll or you can
> revert the commit and reopen FS#924, if you insist.
>
> Personally, I prefer the exemplary use of dune-istl compared
> to a specific solver in dune-grid-howto. Maybe we should
> adapt the documentation for the example.

Did not get your last sentence.

For me this example is rather about how to write a finite element
discretization using dune-grid than solving the linear equation
system. Therefore using matrix/vector classes from dune-common (and
not solving the linear system) seems OK for me. If you insist, you can
use istl if it is there and then solve the system. In any way the
example has to compile and run even without istl.

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658