[Dune] dunecontrol not faster with set DUNE_CONTROL_PATH

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Wed May 23 21:43:56 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 09:01:00PM +0200, Christoph Grüninger wrote:
> Hi Christian,
> thanks for your hint. I crowded in some more file in the directory
> than the effect was measurable.
> Jö suggested it might be the trailing colon in my DUNE_CONTROL_PATH
> but I tested it, and it has no effect.

No, it is the implementation of the sorting. I didn't have the time to
look into it in detail, but I observed the same problems on my machine
and it seems that there is some O(exp(N)) code (well perhaps not as
bad, but the time is growing too fast).

The actual sorting might be implemented using tsort, then the
remaining code would just have to check that all required modules are
available in the correct version.