[Dune] Problems compiling dune trunk on Cray XT6

Benedikt Oswald benedikt.oswald at psi.ch
Mon Nov 12 12:40:12 CET 2012

Hello Markus, thanks, compilation is now progressing further, but not yet finished.
In fact, there was maintenance on this Cray system last week
and it seems that then something was changed...
I will report back when it is through.

Greetings and thanks again for the quick fix! Benedikt

On Nov 12, 2012, at 12:07 PM, Markus Blatt wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:34:33AM +0100, Benedikt Oswald wrote:
>> In fact, I think it is a linker error related to dynamic linking
>> instead of static.
>>
>> I am a bit at a loss why this occurrs now ?
>>

> You are totally right.
>
> Have you followed my explanation at
> http://www.dr-blatt.de/german/blog-german/2011/11/18/forcing-static-linkage-c-binaries-and-libraries-autoconfautomakelibtool/
> , especially on using DUNE_LDFLAGS?
>
> Hope that it does the trick!
>
> Markus
>
> --
> Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?
>
> Dr. Markus Blatt - HPC-Simulation-Software & Services http://www.dr-blatt.de
> Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
> Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658

Benedikt Oswald, Dr. sc. techn., dipl. El. Ing. ETH, www.psi.ch, GFA
Paul Scherrer  Institute (PSI), CH-5232 Villigen, Suisse, benedikt.oswald at psi.ch, +41(0)56 310 32 12

"Passion is required for any great work, and for the revolution passion and audacity are required in big doses.",
 Ernesto 'Che' Guevara, Letter to his parents.