[Dune] parallel DUNE grid for implementing a spherical shell (UGGrid)

Eike Mueller E.Mueller at bath.ac.uk
Tue Nov 13 12:04:30 CET 2012

To make it even simpler, I replaced the UGGrid by an 1x1x1 YaspGrid, i.e. I start with a grid with one element. If I
globalRefine() this once, and then loadBalance(), one processor always ends up with the entire grid. I must be missing something
very basic here.
Does the load balancing in DUNE assume that if a father cell is owned by a processor, then all it's children on the finer levels
are owned by the same processor? But then calling loadBalance() after grid refinement would not make sense. If I start with a
2x2x2 grid and do not refine, then it works, i.e. if I run on 8 cores, then each of them ends up getting one element.

Thanks,

Eike