[Dune] UG grid problem: ID overflow DDD_HdrConstructor

Eike Mueller E.Mueller at bath.ac.uk
Mon Nov 26 11:57:41 CET 2012

Hi Oliver and Markus,

thank you very much for your replies. As my email says, I already had a look at FS #250, and followed the instructions there,
but this does not help.

I attach an example code, which reads the grid from the attached .dgf file, refines it, attaches data to the grid and writes it
out as a .vtu file.

The executable is called as

testsphericalgridgenerator <gridfile> <refcount>

where <gridfile> is the .dgf file to read from and <refcount> is the number of refinenement steps.

The example file contains six elements, so when running on 6 preocessors, each should end up with one element and refine it
<refcount> times. I ran it through an interactive session on a HECToR node, but it segfaults if I run on 1 or 6 cores. So far I
haven't been able to find out exactly where it crashes.

The code also works perfectly fine (both sequentially and in parallel) on my desktop, where I just use the default settings for
the GID in the UG and Dune installation (i.e. on my desktop I did not add the -DDDD_GID_T=long and --with-ddd-maxprocbits=20
flags at compile time).

Thanks,

Eike