[Dune] difference between OwnerOverlapCopyAttributeSet::copy and OwnerOverlapCopyAttributeSet::overlap

Andreas Lauser andreas.lauser at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Sep 6 17:28:32 CEST 2012

Hi Dune,

Today I was wrestling with my and dune-istl's parallelization code once again.
During that, I started to wonder what the difference between
OwnerOverlapCopyAttributeSet::copy and OwnerOverlapCopyAttributeSet::overlap
is. I could not find anything in the doxygen documentation, and the
corrosponding lines in dune/istl/owneroverlapcopy.hh read:

struct OwnerOverlapCopyAttributeSet
  {
        enum AttributeSet {
          owner=1, overlap=2, copy=3 };
  };

what made me wonder even more, is that the code in
dune/istl/paamg/test/anisotropic.hh (which creates the matrix for the parallel
AMG test) does not use OwnerOverlapCopyAttributeSet::overlap even though the
matrix which it creates clearly corresponds to one which stems from an
overlapping grid. (if I understood that code correctly.)

can anyone with deeper insight on ISTL tell the difference?

cheers
  Andreas

--
Andreas Lauser
Department of Hydromechanics and Modelling of Hydrosystems