[Dune] Problems in including the UMFPACK library

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Sep 12 16:26:19 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I have a small problem with UMFPACK.
I'd like to use it to make a comparison with a CG approach, in the specific problem I'm solving.

When I build my own module,  the list of components found is the following :

dune-common.............: version 2.2.0
dune-fem................: version 1.3.0
dune-geometry...........: version 2.2.0
dune-grid...............: version 2.2.0
dune-istl...............: version 2.2.0
dune-localfunctions.....: version 2.2.0
ALBERTA.................: version 3.0
ALUGrid.................: version 1.50 (parallel)
.
.
.
UMFPACK.................: no
psurface................: yes

while instead UMFPACK is correctly installed; there is /usr/local/include/umfpack.h and the other libraries.
I tried to modify the Makefile.am, but it didn't work.

Any ideas about how making DUNE recognise the presence of UMFPACK?

Many thanks,

Andrea

Andrea Sacconi
PhD student, Applied Mathematics
AMMP Section, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk