[Dune] GridPtr: distribution of element and vertex parameters

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Sep 18 08:55:38 CEST 2012

Dear Dune,

we would like to implement the distribution of a GridPtr's element and
vertex parameters for UGGrid. The corresponding lines 249ff in
gridptr.hh are
         DataHandle dh(*this);
         gridPtr_->loadBalance( dh.interface() );
         gridPtr_->communicate( dh.interface(),
InteriorBorder_All_Interface,ForwardCommunication);
Since the DataHandle below is not documented and since the documentation
of the loadBalance(DataHandle&) method of the grid is not giving me any
clue: Could you please explain me in a bit more detail what these three
lines are supposed to do? In particular, I do not know which part is
done by the loadBalance and which part by the communicate method. What
is supposed to happen with the DataHandle parameter inside the
loadBalance method?

Thank you. Kind regards
Bernd

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                  url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de