[Dune] DGF format and local ordering of vertices

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Sep 27 21:14:26 CEST 2012

As Andreas already pointed out, there is no such guarantee and requiring such a
thing will break some grid managers (e.g., AlbertaGrid or ALUGrid). Moreover, in
the case of a hypersurface, the term orientation does not even make sense.

What do you want this information for? If you just want the (covariant) normal,
you can obtain them from the intersections. If you can come up with a situation
where a face normal is needed independent of the intersection, let us know.

Best,

Martin