[Dune] cached geometry grid

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at optimad.it
Mon Apr 8 15:59:59 CEST 2013

Hi duners,
I have a small problem about the writing of the VTK files when I use my
geometry grid.
Everything works fine, the problem is a matter of performance.
During the writing procedure the writer has to call the evaluate method
of my discrete function, which is a Q3 polynomial in 3D (192
coefficient), and with millions of elements and few processors, this
could be very long in time.
I wonder if introducing a persistent container as cache for my discrete
function (for the nodes), updating it any time I call adapt on the grid
and using it as return for the evaluate method I can save an important
amount of time during writing. By this way, I would compute the
deformation of the host grid only one time after the AMR step. Am I right?

Thanks.

Marco.

--
Marco Cisternino, Ph.D.