[Dune] Building DUNE failed

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Apr 11 23:11:45 CEST 2013

Hi Shailesh,

> 1)When I typed the command "./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol all", it showed
> "bash: ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol: Permission denied"  (I am already
> root user)

This is right way. Being root does not mean you have permission to execute
all file. Please double check the permission. By the way, I advise you to
develop as a regular user instead of root.

> but when i changed the directory to /dune-common/bin and typed
> "dunecontroll all" it showed me two messages
> "---going to build---"
> "---done---"
> and just took 1 second but i think it did not build the DUNE

This is not the right way. You are right that Dune was not built. dunecontrol
recursively searches for files "dune.module" which contains information
about dependecies. Calling dunecontrol in dune-common/bin prevents
dunecontrol from finding the files. So all the dune modules that were found
(zero) where built.

> 2)I tried to configure new module for my GSOC project using duneproject. It
> asked me to enter dependent modules, but when i typed dune-istl, it
> generated message like
> ERROR:
> Module with name dune-istl was not found
> Did you forget to specify it's location
> in the DUNE_CONTROL_PATH variable?

Probably the same issue.

Hope that helps
Christoph

--
[..] we shall send to the moon, 240,000 miles away from the control
station in Houston, a giant rocket [..] and then return it safely to