[Dune] Barycentric coordinates of a point w.r.t. an entity

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Apr 12 16:46:24 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about barycentric coordinates. If you are given a point and an entity, is there a direct method in DUNE to get the barycentric coordinates of that point with respect to the vertices of the entity?
I need to determine if a point is inside or outside that entity, so if I don't get a convex combination, it goes without saying that the point is outside.

Thanks for your help!

Andrea

Andrea Sacconi
PhD student, Applied Mathematics
AMMP Section, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk